If you’ve ever owned a used car, you know that it doesn’t take much to knock the value down. Even if the car is in great shape, small imperfections can make a big difference when selling or trading it in. One way to keep your car from being considered “used” is by keeping as many of its original features as possible. The second best way to do this is with a set of custom car seat covers. Carpeted floors, cracked and ripped leather seats, and torn fabric are all things that devalue your car. But installing custom seat covers will not only protect your upholstery but also give the appearance of a brand new car. Whether you intend on selling or trading in your vehicle soon or plan on keeping it for the long haul, investing in custom car seat covers is one of the easiest ways to increase its value. To learn more about how they could help you, read on!
Why Car Seat Covers Increase the Value of a Used Car
Used cars are often worth less than their blue book value. This is because of wear and tear that’s unique to each car, but also because of how each car is cared for. Once a car is driven off the lot, it’s no longer in “new” condition. Seat covers are one of the easiest ways to protect your upholstery from wear and tear. Car upholstery is especially susceptible to stains, and in some cases, they may be impossible to remove completely. If you’re trying to sell or trade in your current vehicle, having a set of custom car seat covers will not only protect your upholstery but will also make your car appear to be in great condition.
How do Custom Covers Increase the Value of a Used Car
- They Protect the Interior
Keeping your car’s original upholstery clean and stain-free is virtually impossible. The fabric on seats and the backs of the headrests are particularly susceptible to stains, especially if you have children or pets. But even if you’re childless and pet-free, you’re bound to find yourself in sticky, crumbly, or crunchy situations at some point. Car seat covers are designed to protect against stains and spills.
- Protect against wear and tear
Car seats will eventually lose their shape and begin to sag. When that happens, it no longer feels like a nice, comfortable place to sit. Because seat covers are removable, you can always replace them when they’re worn out.
- They Protect against fading
UV rays, the sun, and even indoor lighting can take its toll on the fabric in your car. It’s inevitable that it will fade and discolor over time, but seat covers will protect the rest of the seat from the same fate.
- They Provide a Cleaner, Fresh Look
Car seat covers not only protect the seat but also provide a fresh appearance. They can be found in many different styles, colours, and fabrics, so you’re guaranteed to find something that fits your taste.
3 Ways Custom Covers Increase the Value of a Used Car
- They Fully protect the original upholstery of the seats. The original seats are often in great shape and are considered part of the car’s value. But once they’ve been stained or ripped, they lose their value. Seat covers fully protect the original seats from damage, keeping their value intact. They’re as close to new as you can get without buying a brand new car.
- They hide any imperfections - If you’re trying to sell or trade in your current vehicle, you want to make sure it looks as good as possible. Custom car seat covers will conceal any imperfections like rips, stains, or marks on the original upholstery.
- They’re relatively inexpensive compared to other ways of increasing the value.
2 More Ways Custom Covers Increase the Value of a Used Car
- They protect against spills that are nearly impossible to remove - If you have children, you know how much food and drink you’re bound to spill in your car. If you don’t have seat covers, you’ll likely make a trip to the dry cleaners at least once a month.
- They provide a clean, fresh, and modern look - It’s not uncommon for used car buyers to be turned off by old, worn seats. Seat covers not only protect the original fabric but also provide a fresh, clean, and modern look. - They’re the cheapest way to make your car smell brand new - Have you ever bought a used car that reeked of cigarette smoke? It’s nearly impossible to get rid of the smell. Seat covers will not only protect against spills but will also protect the original seats against odor.
How does installing custom car seat covers benefit you?
- They protect the original upholstery
The bottom line is that they protect the original upholstery and keep it looking like new.
- They protect the material
If you’re shopping for a used car, one of the first things you’ll look for is the condition of the seats. A set of custom seat covers will give you an idea as to how much wear and tear the seats have seen.
- They hide any imperfections
If you’re trying to sell or trade in your current vehicle, a set of custom car seat covers will help conceal any imperfections like rips, stains, or marks on the original upholstery.
- They protect against spills that are nearly impossible to remove
If you have children or pets, you’re bound to spill something in the car. Seat covers are designed to protect against spills, crumbs, and other messes that are otherwise nearly impossible to remove.
New car seat covers will not only protect the original fabric but will also provide a fresh, clean appearance to your car. They provide a clean, modern, and fresh look while fully protecting the original seats from damage. Investing in a set of custom car seat covers is one of the easiest ways to increase the value of your used car.